Friday, January 4, 2013

Dabbling in the Arts


In this post, I will take you on a tour of some my projects that were developed in 2012.

I rather liked how they turned out, therefore, I will share them with my readers.
So, first stop is a little bit of graphic design that I did for fun.

This was a design of a schedule that was quickly abolished, but I was happy with the result. It was inspired by an add for Ruche's dress contest that they hosted this fall.

Okay, brace yourself for another self-portrait (CAN YOU BELIEVE ANOTHER ONE!?!) in gouache. I made the scallopped dress out of the samples of discarded Bagallini purse material and glitter...naturally. (Thanks for helping me with the material K-trix!)

The photograph in my left hand is of a 3D self portrait I made when I was 6. I find it funny I dressed my 3 dimensional portrait in blue polyester trousers AND a Jets sweatshirt (I couldn't even tell you what city the Jets are based in---San Diego Jets? Denver Jets? ...Honolulu Jets? Las Vegas Jets? ...hopeless...I could always google it, but frankly, I really don't care.)

As for the German Shepherd behind me is none other than, my Snickers.

Unfortunately, my face in this self-portrait currently looks less human, more alien...so y'all are gonna have to wait to NEVER SEE IT.


So, I call this next photograph,

"So exhausted that I poured my cereal into my coffee."

 I'm clearly not a morning person.


And here is an aerial view of Candy Corn Stonehenge, c. 2012  On the Plains of the Dining Room Table

Next is a door that a really talented artist named Erik Pearson painted in Superior, WI.


And, this is me trying to mimic his brilliance with cray-pas.

To view more of Erik's work on his site, click here.

I had a blast with the bold lines, only problem is my version just looks like Gabe from The Office.
COME ON!!!..Say you can see it!
"Here are your cheeses."

This isn't the first time that I have accidentally portrayed a character from The Office. In 2009, I had to draw one of my co-workers for a project and instead of it looking like the co-worker, it looks more like Jim Halpert.

You be the judge:


Next is scribbled sketch of the Woman from Brassempouy.


And, these are some birch logs I thought were pretty. My mom seems to really like this one...I wonder why;)
 I tried to make this drawing resemble a beautiful rock I saw at work. In the end, it looks like a map, but I enjoyed the attempt to blend mediums and experiment with organic shapes.

Okay, that's all for now.

Thanks for reading!

Hope everyone is still making progress on those New Years Resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...