Monday, June 6, 2011

After

I still have to add the uphosltery tacks, but I was too anxious to share my progress on a project that has been in the making for 2 years. Plus, I get to cross off two items on my 2011 New Years Resolution list at once. This post also signifies my 66th post of this year which was another goal (The goal was to have 30 more post than last year. The number 66 has no significance to me. 666 on the other hand...jk)

Here's the before picture:

You can view the process here. Let's just say there were 4 layers of this onion to peel away.


And here's the after:

I'll definitely post a picture once the tacks have been added, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's comfy too!


If this has placed you in a 'chairy' disposition, perhaps you would like to browse through my favourite paintings of chairs found on the web.

The prolific artist's name is Kimberly Applegate. She paints chairs in the style of classic artists and often features one of their masterpieces on the wall in the background. She even imitates their style in order create the perfect habitat for the model chair. Her blog is called joie de vivre. Please allow for yourself at least 45 minutes to peruse her work. It's phenomenal.  Here's a teaser:

I love this for more reasons than I can list.


Here's the original Edward Hopper: A Room in Brooklyn.  I don't think she could have picked a more fitting companion painting for that chair. Yet that green light is impossible to recreate. It's legendary.


 

Why do I expect to see Calvin and Hobbes everytime I see this one?

And doesn't this make you want to be part of Christina's World?

Go ahead. Take a seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...