Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Continued in the following edition..."

So here are two projects that I'm in the process of vamping up. Stay tuned to see the "After" pictures.

my love affair with teal and green

Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Telephone Chair

Land-lines may become obsolete, but this telephone chair which was once in my uncle's dumpster can hopefully be brought back to its glory days. The first picture in the series was taken after several hours of sanding & several days of removing staples. It was also covered in spider webs. I had my work cut out for me. After it was primed, I waited 2 weeks for the foam to go on sale at Hancock Fabrics, but found fabric in the clearance section in the meantime. I also had to find a back board and upholstery tacks, so there was plenty to do until I could get my foam brick for 52% off.
First I painted it a straw yellow, but felt it resembled mustard too closely. So to counter the bright yellow I covered it in a white wash. The foam was attached by merely stapling the fabric to the base. I was later told that I should have placed burlap between the foam and the springs, but will have to make this adjustment when I update the fabric someday. (ooh and that's my little helper, Snickers...well she doesn't help, but just stops by to see my progress every now & then... or whenever I have lunch.)
Voila! I added the lily pad lamp and a handmade journal I picked up at my recent visit to the Renaissance Festival as well as a bejeweled frame of Snick. Now all I need is a vintage rotary telephone.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...