Monday, March 8, 2010
Twelve years later, I still love every bit of it. These were the highlights of last night's show for me:
- Neil Patrick Harris. He was wonderful hosting the Emmy's. Equally enjoyable during the Opening Number. Who wrote the song? I've gotta know. So clever.Gave me chills.
- Loved the set! It looked like it was inspired by "Top Hat" or "Follow the Fleet".
- Martin & Baldwin were simply hilarious. I still don't get the "Precious... living up to its video game" joke...did anyone? It's okay though cause the "Oh, Look! There's that Damn Helen Mirren!" and the double Snuggie made up for it.
- Robert Downey, Jr. I loved how his bow-tie & glasses matched his wife's dress and how he still made an appearance even though he was snubbed this year. What's not to love ;)
- Sandra Bullock. Glamourous. Poised. Real. And she could even make Jesse James cry.
- The John Hughes Tribute. Mattie Brodrick's appreciation for him brought tears to my eyes. Oh and Macaulay Culkin who seems to be forever nine.
- I missed that the original songs weren't performed in their entirety, but at least they weren't all performed by Beyonce once again ;)
-And I can't leave out the company. I was able to watch it this year for the first time with dear friends I've know since middle school. It was so great when we would gasp and comment on the same things...not to mention, the food and beverages were superb! We provided our own version of the Governors Ball. Thank you Makayla & Sara!
My votes for BEST DRESSED: Rachel McAdams, Cameron Diaz, Kristen Stewart, Susan Downey, & Sandra Bullock
WORST DRESSED: Barbra Streisand, Carey Mulligan, Tina Fey, Miley Cyrus, & Melanie Griffith.