Thursday, December 8, 2011

Debbie Reynolds Auction

 I often daydream about visiting exhibits with Hollywood costumes on display. I sure lead an adventurous life.
When I saw that a portion of Debbie Reynolds' collection was being auctioned, I was anxious to view the catalog in flash. I managed to only take these screen shots before feeling that I could just post the link. (Now I wish I would have taken a screen shot of every page--Total hoarder mentality.)

A few of the gowns were once worn by the likes of Judy Garland, Vera Ellen, Jayne Mansfield, Elizabeth Taylor, and Miss Debbie Reynolds, of course.



I saw The Glass Bottom Boat right around the time when The Little Mermaid was still in theaters. It might be one of my favourite Doris Day movies next to Calamity Jane. 
 Vera Ellen wore this as Jessie Kalmar in Three Little Words. I need to see that movie again. I think I might find it inspiring as a songwriter this time around. Anyone else love that one?
This skirt was worn in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I absolutely love that movie. I love the barn building scene...Jane Powell's voice, not so much. I still think that this skirt is a memorable piece of Hollywood history.





Have you seen any costumes in person? I'd like to do a post on all the ones that I've taken pictures of, but I'll have to save that for another time.

If this floats your boat, you might enjoy this site: Hollywood Movie Costumes

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...