Sunday, August 15, 2010

"I Wish"

I've had quite a surge of inspiration in the past 24 hours. After being given the opportunity to see the musical Wicked for the first time, I truly feel that my future is "unlimited". The talent displayed was purely Ozsome. The pursuit of excellence was clearly evident and my senses were continually satisfied beyond what I could ever imagine. I could go on for hours describing each element of the show that thrilled me, but there was a conversation before the show even began that has been gripping my mind all afternoon. My cousin, Leah was describing a radio program that she heard the other day. (I regret that I can't recall the name of the program) but this show was pointing out the importance of the how each musical contains an "I Wish" song.


Ariel sings "Part of Your World"
Tevye has his "If I Were a Rich Man"
Dorothy has her "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"...the list goes on...then it hit me.


I've lost my "I Wish" song. I used to belt it out loud, singing it to everyone I would meet. But somehow I lost it. I forgot the lyrics or have had stage fright. Whatever happened to it, I aim to find it again even if I have to write it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...