Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, James!


At the request of my little bro, I attempted to recreate a picture that he found in a youtube video. It plays during an opera that he frequently listens to. I know, I was shocked to learn that James listened to classical music as well. It depicts the story of Der Erlkonig which apparently is near and dear to his heart. From what I could tell, the original was done in some sort of charcoal. I opted to use a black conte and was pleased with the results. I can see now that I needed to keep the horse lighter...especially the neck, but the gift was well received. I pinned the drawing to a lamp shade of his and went to bed. When he finally came home, he barged into my room saying he liked it better than the original. Ultimate success.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't tell me that he liked it better than the original! What a compliment. I'm amazed by your artoosty abilities.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...