Monday, May 27, 2013

Pancakes

*Disclaimer: What you are about to read may shock you to the core because LaPine Design will be posting a recipe within this blog. You have been warned.
I drew these pancakes on a card so my mom could deliver a recipe to her friends. She named the recipe in the card "Adalena's Pancakes" because this is Adalena's favourite pancake recipe!

Despite my severe ineptitude in kitchens the world over, I will now post that recipe for you. But do not be deceived, you may never read another recipe on LaPine Design ever again. Make no mistakes, this blog does not offer culinary advice. In fact, it is probably best that everyone do exactly the opposite of what I say in regards to cooking, baking, grilling, and just to be safe anything regarding food (except for cereal, fast-food, Dr. Pepper, and pre-wrapped candy, all of which I claim to be an expert.).

Here's the accompanying pancake recipe with my artwork:

1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour*
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons shortening, melted, or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

"Beat egg with hand beater until fluffy; beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth.  For thinner pancakes, stir in additional 1/4 cup milk.  Grease heated griddle if necessary.  (To test griddle, sprinkle with few drops water.  If bubbles skitter around, heat is just right.)

Pour about 3 tablespoons batter from tip of large spoon or from pitcher onto hot griddle.  Cook pancakes until puffed and dry around edges. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown. (To keep pancakes hot, stack on hot plate with plate with paper towels in between; place on cookie sheet in 250 [degrees] oven or in warming oven.)  ABOUT NINE 4-INCH PANCAKES.

*If using self-rising flour, omit baking powder and salt."

How someone could make what is written above taste delicious is beyond me.What I just typed may as well have been Russian.

In a way, this recipe reminds me of Phoebe Buffay. Here's why, like Phoebe Buffay with her grandmother's Nesselay Toolouse chocolate chip cookie recipe (Nestle Tollhouse), this little pancake recipe that is cherished by Adalena, has stood the test of time because my mom is a wise woman and has remained loyal to her Betty Crocker cookbook. As much as I love books, I know absolutely nil about cookbooks. I have heard of this Betty Crocker before...apparently she has had some success in the cooking business. "Great Success!"

Yet, we can't give Betty Crocker all the credit because I could attempt to make these for Adalena and I guarantee you, she will not only refuse to eat them, but she will claim that they are not even worthy of being called pancakes.  Instead, I will only draw them and that way, we can all avoid the food poisonings.

If you decide to take the risk and make this recipe, I will forward all follow-up questions and concerns to my mother who knows her way around a kitchen and the Betty Crockers cookbooks.

Recipe intellectual property of Betty Crocker's Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...