Monday, February 28, 2011

The OSCARS!

Another year, another great viewing of the Oscars.
Here are my picks for the Top 5 Best Dressed.

 Photos from Yahoo Movies!

Highlights for me-

I loved how Hathaway & Franco appeared in the nominated movies. Very Billy Crystal...and Hello, Back to the Future!

Robert Downey, Jr. & Jude Law presenting together. The Sherlock Holmes fan in me was going crazy during this segment.

Anne Hathaway's song. Although, it was slightly awkward because she was trying to guilt Hugh Jackman, but it was still one of the better portions of the show.

Celine singing "Smile" and not over-embellishing it. "K.I.S.S.- Keep it simple, stupid."- Dwight Schrute
I especially appreciated this because Gloria Stuart was being honored. After all, I've always been a Titanic enthusiast.

The fact that Christian Bale & Colin Firth won. I was definitely routing for both of them. Especially Christian Bale because this was his first nomination. I was shocked when I learned that he had been continually snubbed in the past.

And, I was in love with the set. The scene that stood out to me was when The Lord of the Rings display was on and the script on the One Ring arched over the stage. So gorgeous!

Thanks for opening your home to us, Makayla & Eric! And thanks for the great company Hannah, Tom, Sarah, and Drew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...