Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spooning

When I asked my mom, who worked in a jewelry shop once upon a time, if we could make our own spoon rings, she replied, "Oh sure! That's easy."

False.

These were the antique victims. Thought to be ornate and vintage, yet are without sentimental value to anyone I know.

Close up- See, It's pretty and would make a dainty ring, right?

Come on, how difficult could this be? I just use a rubber mallet and the ring tools and Voila! Ring!


Wrong. I really have no idea how I was going to remove the ladle portion of this spoon either.  

So what am I left with?

A weird hook. Which is good for ...? Suggestions? The ladle is wonky now because I grew frusterated and just started bashing the crap out of it.

In case anyone else ever walks by a basket of elegant spoons in an antique shop and thinks ,"I should make a spoon ring out of those!". Good Luck!


Of course, I don't give up (most of the time)...So, I plan to post a follow up to this and as God is my witness I will someday sport a spoon ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...