Friday, July 22, 2011

Bon Anniversaire, Aunt Lori!

We threw a little shin-dig for my Aunt Lori last week. It was a french-themed bash which we set up the night before because she was travelling in from the east coast in the wee hours of the morning and we wanted to surprise her. SO after only getting a couple hours of sleep, I was magically awake during this thing they call the sunrise. (It will be decades before that happens again.)
Because I couldn't sleep (I swear that has never happened before) I was able to take pictures in this beautiful morning light.
My Aunt Lori is such an incredible person. She travelled across the country to see my play, "Into the Woods". She has been such an encouragement to me and has provided so many opportunities for me.  She even paid the bill so I could get braces. She also altered a prom dress from the 50's for me while she was here (which I will show you someday soon!). She is so selfless and one of my closest friends. 




My mom got to use her fancy napkin fold that she learned in Switzerland!



Then...this almost happened. So close.
I only have two regrets. One, I wasn't even able to enjoy the party due to a heavy rehearsal schedule. And, two, I painted the sign on pages from an english book. I really wanted to rip into a french one, but I also didn't want to destroy any rare editions. So "Bon Anniversaire, Lori!" was actually painted on a story about Texas.
 I hope you had a lovely birthday, Aunt Lori! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Your party was tres jolie! I just love all the decore and French acoutrements! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the world did I miss this write-up??? And WOW am I honored by your words!!Merci!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...