Monday, December 26, 2011

April 14th, 2012

Why do I have to freak out in public when I see things like this? It's so embarrassing, but this was worth it.
So who else is looking forward to this?

What do you think of this version of the poster?

Compared to the original double sided poster...

I love that I actually have a very vivid memory of seeing this poster for the very first time in the fall of 1997.
I just was listening to a new artist I just discovered. Her name is Lauren Pritchard. And no lie, as I posted this picture, she sang the lyrics "the ship is going down and all I can do is stand and feel the water". Isn't that crazy!?!   It was in a great song called, "Not the Drinking" if you were curious. Check it out. It's worth your time, I promise.

Back to the posters. I own both of these and suppose I'll have to hunt down the new 3D version as well.  I wouldn't rest until I had a Titanic poster hanging in my room back in the day. I would say the new version is more traumatic and an actual still frame from the film. I know it's going to be a different audience than those that saw the film in 1997 which is hard to believe. I think this was even my first PG-13 movie and the first epic film that I saw in the theatres, It's so strange to think that this will be a brand new experience for anyone under the age of 14 or will it? Maybe most 13 years olds have already witnessed an epic. There have been many since. What was your first epic that you saw in the theatres?
There's still something very ominous about the older designs. I don't think the 3D poster needs to show one of the most climactic scenes. Afterall, there are still a few folks who have never seen this movie (Ahem, Dad) and will be waiting for that freeze frame (no pun intended). I really want to know what you think.

Speaking of posters, it pleased me to see that the Jane Eyre poster received acolades for being one of the best posters of 2011. Here, Here! I concur.

And these two posters weren't hard on the eyes either.
Any other poster lovers out there? Was there one you absolutely had to track down? To what extent did you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...