Saturday, December 31, 2011

Schwartzframe

Here's the latest edition to my lair.  I think I'm going to do a glass matte. What do you think of the glitter/sequin gradient?


Precisely what I thought. Not enough glitter. I added more.
It goes without saying that meeting Robert Schwartzman was a glaring highlight of my year.
I don't think there is a song that he has written that I don't love. Really, I'm trying really hard to think of my least favourite song. I've got nothing. He's amazing. I asked him if I could give him a CD of my song "Out of the Blue" which contains a lyric with his name. He gladly accepted it and noted that the title reminded him of Electric Light Orchestra. *Sigh*
We took a picture together.

 And, then he played his set.



(Images via Leah LaPine)


The next day I tweeted that I finally got to see him in concert and can you believe he re-tweeted my tweet!


Whatever that means, but it sounds exciting and made this fan float cloud high.

Here's a little Rooney introduction track list for those who have yet to discover them. What I'll call their Essentials.
1. I'm Shakin'
2. I Can't Get Enough
3. When Did Your Heart Go Missing?
4. Love Me Or Leave Me
5. Popstars
6. Only Friend
7. Tell Me Soon
8. The Days Keep Going By
9. I Should Have Been After You
10. Losing All Control (My hands- down favourite song EVER...by them)
11. Stars and Stripes
12. Are You Afraid?
13. Daisy Duke
14. I Don't Understand

Then if you like those and can't get enough, you'll completely love Robert's side projects SOLOBOB and JR. His solo album, Double Capricorn can be found here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...