Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Wrath of Khan

Duluth's Rubber Chicken Theater is a local trend setter. They are starting to perform readings of famous screenplays. They asked me to design a poster to coincide with the cult classic film, Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan.

I discovered a Wrath of Khan paperback that had a similar cover and I tried to modify it to promote the event, but apparently I was out of touch with my inner trekky.

 So, I trashed the light ray design and started to work in another minimal direction.

Some said they could see Shatner. Some couldn't (my mom).  I don't know where I stand. I knew it was him to begin with. Do you see it?

"KHHHHAAAANNNNNN!!!!!"

I did like how I was able to replace the "A" in "Khan" with the Star Trek emblem. I just wish it looked more like Shatner.

Still, the event looked fun!
To see this picture and more from the live read at Fitger's Brewery Complex, you can visit Rubber Chicken Theater's event page on facebook here.

To purchase tickets for an upcoming Rubber Chicken Theater show visit Rubber Chicken Theater.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...