Friday, September 30, 2011

19 Tracks of Bliss- The Downton Abbey Soundtrack

So this was pretty much the most exciting thing to happen all week.
I can't tell you how many nights I've spent raking the world wide web to find this flimsy album.  I've even considered making friends with someone from the U.K. with good intention to eventually ask them to purchase the album with their U.K. iTunes account for me. (I know, I know. Low point...because not only is that a terrible reason to make a friend, but the digital album would only leave me wondering about the album art...as I often do with the soundtracks to Juno, Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist, Whip-It, & Adventureland.) Here's the post of my desperation to catch you up to speed.

But I can relax and my ears can enjoy what has finally arrived. (And I was pleasantly surprised to receive not one, but TWO albums.)

The Downton Abbey Suite is guaranteed to give anyone within earshot the chills. Every time it played during the Emmy's I was affected. The entire album is superbly done.  If you couldn't tell, I'm very keen on this series-very keen indeed. Have you seen it yet? If you haven't, you still have time to catch the first season before the second season airs January 2012. I'd even lend you my season, if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...