Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Creepy Jane

There was a recent find which has sparked attention from Janites around the world. A regency era portrait. But not just any portrait.

The portrait in question could be of Miss Austen herself.

I like to practice honesty (Call me, blunt...whatever), but I find this drawing utterly creepy in every meaning of the word.

I'm actually hesitant to upload this image in fear that I might see it suggested beneath another post just as I am trying to fall sleep.
Image from Austenprose

I have to say it, "Buzz, your girlfriend-woof!"

I don't know if it's because she is lacking a forehead or if it is because she doesn't look like a she at all. I find that "she" somewhat resembles James McAvoy who played her beau, Tom Lefroy in the Jane Austen bio-pic "Becoming Jane."

Come on, I can't be the only one who sees it?

I can't wait to get my computer back so I can photoshop these two pictures together to prove my point. Just you wait. Just you wait.

4 comments:

  1. Bananas on toast. This had me laughing out loud. There is NO WAY that is Jane Austen. NO WAY! Somebody had to toy with the picture because it's James McAvoy's face. Almost exactly in the same pose. Hahaha! OH. Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THEY DO LOOK THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!! How horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, MY GOSH! Yes! You are so right-same face. Good call.
    Makayla

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...