Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Take Five!

Here is the latest t-shirt design I was hired to do.  The concept was inspired by the iconic song "Take Five" written by Paul Desmond and originally recorded by The Dave Brubeck Quartet in 1959. According to Wikipedia it sets its self apart from other jazz numbers because it is written in a 5/4 time signature. I find things like that interesting. ("Money" by Pink Floyd is another song that possess a rare time signature: 7/4)
I also learned that the songwriter left the royalities that the song still earns to the American Red Cross in his will.  (It earns about $100,000 a year.) That's remarkable to me.

The shirt is for the Select Dance Academy and Performing Art Center's 5 year anniversary. I am thankful to them for the opportunity to make this design. While putting this together, I had a fun time listening to Jaymay, Dr.Dog, and the one and only Justin Bieber--Oh, I'm not afraid to admit it. I've got Bieber Fever for sure!

Best of luck for many years to come, SDA!

So, what do you think of the design?

1 comment:

  1. It's great! P.S. You must have caught the Bieber fever from Charlie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...