Thursday, August 11, 2011

This made me cry.



I understand that I may be the only person in the world who actually cared about this story. The 3 family members that I forced to watch this video clearly expressed that they were bored out of their minds and couldn't wait for it to be over with. I, on the other hand, was brought to tears and truly excited to see two of my favourite performers/songwriters of separate generations interact...or at least hear about them interacting. Jeff Lynne is from a little group called Electric Light Orchestra (E.L.O.) & Robert Schwartzman is the lead singer of Rooney.  I have been equally obsessed with both bands and have gone through what I like to call kicks* with their music. The caricatures in the video are actually kind of cute from a design perspective, although I'm confused as to why Robert Schwartzman is portrayed as a dog in the first place...or why the title of this video alludes to someone humping someone. Extremely vexing. ;)  Enjoy!

* kicks - This could be defined as a concentrated period of time where I only want to listen/talk about this particular artist or band.  I scour their catalog, devour their obscure B-side songs, pay gobs of money for unreleased albums and special edition albums, store away useless facts about them and their songwriting process, and if they are still living, I haul my butt to their nearest concert even if it is several states away and I have to drive through the Ozarks in the middle of the night by myself (It was still worth it.). Artists/Bands include: Celine Dion, The Carpenters, The Beatles, Bryan Adams, Jason Mraz, Electric Light Orchestra, The BeeGees, Mariah Carey, and currently Rooney.

Do you experience these so called "kicks"? If so, with who?

2 comments:

  1. Do I experience kicks? Hum, let me think...um, yeah. I'm what you call easily obsessed! I went through a Downton Abbey obsession where it was all I could think about, and that was earlier this year. I'm sure it will happen with season 2 next year! I too, have to get my hands on everything that has to do with the particular fixation I'm going through: music, books, articles, movies...
    Going way back, we all know about the Titanic obsession. There's also been my Twilight obsession, Outlander obsession, and Harry Potter obsession which I am currently going through again. Oh-I was on a Monkees kick in middle school for sure.
    This list could go on and one but I will spare you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, I didn't even think about listing my obsessions with books! Hahaha You crack me up! We are so meant to be friends! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...