Friday, June 24, 2011

One Summer Dream

This dream/nightmare I had last night was all too strange not to share it publicly.  And, oddly enough, I was able to recall it quite well.

I was in a bird sanctuary with a class. I don't remember anyone from the class. I do remember that this sanctuary had a similar floor plan to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. You know, the room with the chocolate waterfall and river that Augustus Gloop falls into. Yet this sanctuary was less colourful...and probably less delicious. First I saw the wood ducks in a large birch tree across the river.


Exhibit A: (Mind you it was a male bird)
Picture by Matthew Studebaker

Then it started flying. I don't know if they can really fly. He stayed on the other side of the river though...probably looking after some nest.
I tried to take pictures with my camera phone. I don't know if this is important, but I remember that detail.

Then I realized there was a large creature close to me on the bank. Freakishly close. It was an enormous penguin. I really can't find a picture of the species that was in my dream. So, you'll need to merge these two images to get the full effect.


Yep. Scary. Cause it was looking at me like Danny DeVito. It was the size of a human too.
Then, I dropped my phone. I was fumbling for it in the grass and at my feet I discovered this.

Except it was coloured like this:

I thought it was dead because it was so still and looked like it was on display at a museum, but I don't think I've ever seen one in real life anyways. I think there was a little baby beside it too.
Then I snapped awake.
 "What does it mean, my Uncle Martin?"
I thought it was odd that all the birds were very rare. Out of curiosity, what do you think this dream means?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...