Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I can almost see the finish line...

This poster hasn't been given the green light quite yet, but it's getting there.

I trashed my background sketch and reused the realistic pine trees instead.

Why? My reasons were two-fold.

1. It was too busy.


2. I'm never content with the outcome of Live Trace in Illustrator. It always obliterates my lines and makes everything jagged.  (And, yes, I've tried messing with all the options.) I wonder what Al Hirschfeld would have thought of Live Trace?


But back to the poster...It will appear much larger, so if you find it difficult to read, rest assured that the fine print won't appear so fine in the end.

What do you think of the slanted double red line divider? I needed a divider and thought of that at the last minute. In my symbolic world, it doubles as the road.  Is that too corny?


Hey, and look what I found when I was searching for a swanky picture of Hirschfeld! I should have known that one of my favourite illustrators of all time would have a depiction of "Sunday in the Park with George". To see more of Hirschfeld's work, click on the picture. It should direct you to his foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...