Friday, January 13, 2012

Downton Abbey | Season 2 Premiere

  

(Image via mmorrow | from acciohedwig)
On Tuesday evening (prior to the Sunday- North American Premiere), an elite crowd was invited to the Teatro Zuccone to view the first installment of the 2nd season of Downton Abbey. Thankfully, I was one of the select few in attendance. I cannot imagine my disappointment had I discovered that such an event was held in my hometown and I sadly missed it because I was at home surfing facebook. I am terribly sorry if I am the bearer of bad news, informing you of something that you would have killed to attend.

But hopefully the readers of LaPine Design detest the Edwardian British miniseries and would want nothing more than to see it cancelled.

Thanks to Makayla we were able to reserve seats and enjoy a classy evening.

Of course, we dressed up for the event.  I was given a lace top that screamed "Downton Abbey", (I mean, it addressed me politely) so I found this was the perfect occasion to wear such a top.

(Pictured: Lynda, Jana, Amanda, & Makayla)
I was not the only one in a semi-costume. I met these adorable ladies near the bar and insisted on taking their image.


Watch out Maggie Smith, these ladies were a hoot and may be moving to a village near you! (Image via mmorrow | from slippingandslidding)

They had official Downton Abbey pens, bookmarks, & programs for us to enjoy. Never has watching the television been so rewarding!

You know, there was even a butler, but personally, no one holds a candle to Carson in my world.

Before the screening, a raffle was drawn and yours truly won Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle by The Countess of Carnarvon.
There was even a drawing for The World of Downton Abbey which I would love to eventually own someday. Here's a post from Jane Austen's World for those of you who would like to continue reading about it.

This series is so majestic that it was a rare treat to view it on such a large screen. I was immersed in every second of it and able to notice the details of the estate and costumes with a greater appreciation.



I know this post is a bit behind, but I'm finally on my computer for the first time in 2 weeks and
still do not have access to Photoshop. In the spirit of optimizism for Lady Mary & Matthew's relationship, I thought, better late than never.

2 comments:

  1. I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you could have been there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...