Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Good Ol' Goals.

2012 is here.  The world hasn't ended yet. Before it does, I suppose I'd like to make the most of my time. (Not that I believe it's going to end on December 21st anyways...)

Last year I made a list of Resolutions.

I actually accomplished a few, so I'm going to take a stab at this again.
Turquoise is code for unaccomplished | Lavender is code for accomplished.
  1. Have a more consistent quiet time. I'm not gonna lie. I could have done better in this category.
  2. Blog 30 times more than last year. So, I'm aiming for 66 posts. After watching "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog", I feel that I need more of a web presence and honestly want to meet more people through the internet. Plus,it reminded me that I really need to break out into song next time I'm having a dilemma. Wow, I had a grand total of 135 posts. That's a new record for me.
  3. Handwrite more notes to people in my life. Not e-mails. Real notes. Let them know I appreciate them. There weren't that many notes, but I feel like I could successfully cross this off. 
  4. Send "An Ode to the Sundance Kid" to Robert Redford with a note, of course. This happened. I didn't hear back from him...yet.
  5. Mosaic. In other words, use all the mosaic supplies that I have been storing up over the years. Well, I made a few things. I need more time with this though. It's definitely a skill that I'd need to improve.
  6. Sew my "Saga" pillows. Katie Lindberg, I'm counting on you.  If you haven't seen my "Saga" pillows of a Twilight nature, here they are: Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3, Volume 4
  7. Finish re-upholstering the chair that I've been working on for a year. Well, this happened too! Here's the post on the chair.
  8. Take guitar lessons. Definitely didn't happen. I think I actually became a worse guitar player in 2011.
  9. Upload a music video to YouTube. I really need to figure out what song to start with first. It's such a daunting task.  I actually uploaded two videos featuring original songs and will never be able to live down my little "fun fact". I've been getting flack from my best friends ever since. Apparently I sound like Mandy Moore when I say the word "Concentrate" and they won't let me forget it. I think one of them even made a ring tone or something out of it on their iPhone. I hate iPhones.
  10. Play out at 3 open micsI actually only played out at 1.  You can view it here. All I have to say is, could they have ZOOMED IN any closer? 
  11. More Books, Less TV. By no means could I strike this. I'm really good at watching TV and quite a terrible reader. 
  12. Talk Less, Listen More. I'm such a jabberjaws. This was not fulfilled by my standards.
  13. Co-write a song. Didn't happen. Though I don't know if I'm terribly disappointed by not meeting this goal. It's a touchy subject.
  14. Bake cookies. chocolate chip.  BOOM ROASTED.
  15. Get a head start on memorizing my lines for "Into the Woods". Yes, I guess this happened.
  16. Arrive to events on time. I'm habitually tardy. This seriously needs to change. This is a life long goal. If I let up, it will only get worse. 
  17. Refrain from Splurging. So long, Amazon & iTunes! hmmm... if my bank account could talk, it would say that there was no evidence that such a goal existed in the first place.

Here's the list for 2012...for now. I will add on to this, I'm sure.
  1. Find a church to attend on a regular basis.
  2. Go to Moldova.
  3. Illustrate a children's book written by my cousin, Katie.
  4. Design www.JanaLaPine.com and launch site.
  5. Paint a pomegranate.
  6. Read The Hobbit .
  7. Refine the next 8 cards for the 2012 Line of Ice Box Cards.
  8. Wear dresses more often.
  9. Have a Titanic Party on April 14th, 2012.
  10. Go water skiing.
  11. Go rock climbing. hahahaha I know, I can't picture it either.
  12. Record: "The Stairwell", "Photographs", "It's Christmas Time", "Sad Song", & "Overtly Overly."
  13. Beat my blog record from last year! (136)
  14. Call my grandparents once a week.
  15. Become friends with James.
  16. Draw my friends and family.
  17. Host 3 giveaways on LaPine Design.
  18. Finish reading all the books I am in the middle of; Out of Africa, The Way of the Master, Anna Karenina (ughhhh. this is never going to happen), Sherlock Holmes: Volume 2, & Tom Jones.
  19. Make truffles.
  20. Be quite.
  21. Spend more time in prayer.

So long 2011! Hello, 2012!

Happy New Year, Readers!

3 comments:

  1. Are you planning to go to Moldova again? I'm excited to see your giveaways! Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, yes, I am planning...maybe this summer, if everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for acomplishing so many of your goals in 2011! I feel like it was just a few days ago when I read that post from last year...wow. Look how far we've come. I love your new list as well. Best of luck and I will pray for you! (Especially since you're trying to finish A.K. hahahaa!)
    Love, Makayla

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...