Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Before & After

Dear Reader,

IceBoxCards is no stranger to LaPine Design. There have been posts a plenty about the greeting cards that my father has drawn.

He works on a mail route. When people on his route would give him a gift for Christmas, he would draw them a personal thank you card...even if it took him until April to draw and deliver them all.

After many cards were given out, we finally started scanning them before he gave them to the generous patrons.  Here's what they look like after being scanned.


Then they fall into my obsessive-compulsive-skeletal hands. I get rid of the smudges and straighten everything up so that they will look sharp when we have them printed. This particular card took me 1 million years to finish. It was also originally drawn on a card with beveled edges. That posed a problem, but I believe it was eventually conquered. It should be noted, when I close my eyes I see this in negative on the back of my eyelids.

This landscape features Farnuk of the Far North fly fishing in the freezing waters beneath Seven Bridges Road in Duluth, MN. You can click on it to purchase it or one of the other 15 designs that were scanned before they were handed out to a someone special on my dad's mail route.

Hope you've enjoyed this Before & After experience!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...