Saturday, November 12, 2011

Defunct Fashion

I stumbled upon this fashion site and was absorbed for hours.

All these images are from Defunct Fashion. Go there.


I love the sleeves on this gown. It reminds me of Celine's wedding dress.
Okay, It's official. I was born in the wrong era.
I attended a wedding a few years ago and the bride's dress was not unlike this one. She accessorized with an olive green cuff bracelet and a coordinating pendant. So chic.
I'm really into greys and muted gold lately. In your opinion, is that phase on its way out?
 
This screams Rivendell.  I wouldn't think that dresses from early 20's would have been this glitzy. Then again, this dress could have attended a party thrown by Gatsby. Speaking of Gatsby, Is anyone else excited for the latest adaptation of The Great Gatsby, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan? It's not going to be released until December 2012, but I'm reeling with anticipation.


Today I had a costume fitting. I like getting to wear vintage gowns a little more than I should. I'm really hoping that they let me wear a certain gown even though it might be too short in comparison to all the other gowns that will be on stage. The sleeves of said dress remind me of the picture above. It would flow so nicely while dancing the waltz. And the colour, oh, well, it's a very unique colour. The Colour Czars must not approve of it because I haven't seen other garmets and gowns of its kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...